CHESHIRE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL SECURITY MANAGER
The School Security Manager’s primary responsibility is directing, planning, and managing a comprehensive security, safety, crisis management, and emergency response program for the Cheshire Public Schools. The School Security Manager will work closely with School Administrators, Managers and Staff as well as Cheshire Police, Fire Department and other Town leaders as necessary to ensure the ongoing protection, security and safety of students, staff, visitors, facilities and assets.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Administers the overall school security and safety program for the Cheshire Public Schools. Helps coordinate all security and safety training for the schools and ensures compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Coordinates the development and enhancement of Cheshire Public School’s School Security and Safety Plans. Solicits input and participation of staff, faculty, public safety agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinates and works closely with School District Operations leadership including the Facilities Manager and Technology Manager as needed to implement, improve and manage through security related improvements.
- Attends and evaluates the monthly school fire and emergency response drills in conjunction with other town emergency services personnel and provides feedback to Principals and Administrators to make improvements.
- Conduct safety and security audits as necessary, including periodic and random security inspections. Prepares reports of such audits/inspections and makes process and procedural improvements as needed. Analyzes safety and security incident reports and records, advises administration of identified deficiencies, and creates plans to address deficiencies. Monitors the system wide AED program and the maintenance and inspection of the AED’s.
- Collaborates with external government (Police, Fire, EMS) and private agencies responsible for emergency preparedness and/or response to ensure proper coordination.
- Serves as a resource to address student, parent and community groups on various aspects of school safety and security.
- Seeks and works to obtain grant funding related to safety and security and writes related proposals.
- Work with the Superintendent’s Office to investigate, report upon and rectify residency concerns as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of successful experience in safety, emergency management, security or law enforcement or a combination of these areas of expertise. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous security experience in a public school or university campus setting is desirable.
- ALICE Certification or similar certification with training and presentation experience and skills is a plus.
- Ability to maintain flexible working hours and respond to emergency calls when needed.
- Strong technology skills needed.
Note: The above listed responsibilities and duties are illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Travel Requirements - Regular local travel between school buildings in Cheshire.
Salary - Commensurate with experience with an anticipated range of $60,000 - $70,000.
Apply - Please apply at www.applitrack.com/cheshire/onlineapp or at www.cheshire.k12.ct.us click on Job Opportunities