At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!
As an Electr ician , you will be able to understand schematics, wire panels & troubleshoot as necessary. Your experience will include electrical work within co nstruction, residential, commercial or manufacturing industries. You’ll work alongside our Build, Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions for every application, process, and industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Assembly of the equipment according to approved design and customer specifications.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Carry out assigned tasks with minimum direct supervision.
- Assist with the execution of ISO/Quality Standards.
- Communicate with the project team on open issues and progress during the build process.
- Assist with the successful execution of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area.
Effectively and safely: Troubleshoot wiring and circuits; Wire according to NEC; Read and understand schematics
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma, or equivalent
2+ years of electrical experience preferred
Experience can include electrical work within construction, residential, commercial, or manufacturing industries
Related vocational education or Journeyman’s card preferred
Skills You’ll Have:
- Basic computer skills
Intermediate knowledge of Schematic interpretation; Panel building; Machine wiring; Troubleshooting
- Proven mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).