Express Employment Professionals of Roseville & Detroit is seeking an experienced Property Maintenance Technicians for a local metro Detroit public housing commissions - in Wayne County.
Starting salary is $19.77/hour. Position is contract-to-hire with full benefits.
POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety tasks to assist with the renovation and repair of buildings, structures, and dwelling units with structural, plumbing, and electrical building maintenance work to maintain and repair items in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications to augment the structural integrity of the buildings.
Work involves repair and replacement of items such as windows, doors, roofs, gutters, cabinets, walls, ceilings, toilets, faucets, water lines, electrical outlets, and light fixtures.
The Maintenance Technician may perform preventive maintenance tasks, as needed. Maintenance Technicians may be assigned to the central Maintenance Division or a designated housing site.
Essential Job Functions
- Diagnose and correct routine maintenance needs in apartments, including work order requests.
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy
- Install gas furnaces and heaters
- Replace circuit breakers, wiring, wall sockets and switches, lights and fans.
- Replace appliances as needed
- Perform a wide variety of carpentry work such as changing-out counter-tops, re-hanging and adjusting doors, and repairing cabinets.
- Install and repair plumbing pipes and fixtures, such as toilets, sinks, valves and controls.
- Repair and replace floors, floor and ceiling tiles.
- Unstop commodes and garbage disposals, repair and replace faucets, commodes, sinks, bath accessories and water lines.
- Perform general maintenance tasks on Authority buildings and grounds and prepare records documenting the status of work completions.
- Inspect units periodically to determine maintenance needs and write a maintenance report on the unit, at a minimum once a year.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete a preparation/make-ready checklist.
- Inspect hallways and common spaces, eliminate obstacles to free passage and assure that there is adequate lighting.
- Repair and replace windows, doors frames, mailboxes, and porches as needed.
- Replace furnace filters and light bulbs.
- Write work orders, requisitions, and other forms and reports.
- Regularly conduct an inventory of equipment, tools, parts and the supply of materials; quarterly.
- Maintain tools and equipment and ensures they are clean and safe for operation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic principles of building maintenance, including standard practices, methods, tools, and materials including the inspection, repair and maintenance of functional parts of mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance including carpentry, electrical, and plumbing, which may necessitate the use of both power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of local and state building codes, and OSHA work practices.
- Knowledge of safety rules, including accident causation and prevention.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and appropriate safety precautions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a supervisor, co-workers, residents, contractors, and the general public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use maintenance hand and power tools for building and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to complete work order forms in accordance with established procedures and document completions.
- Ability to inspect, diagnose problems, and complete repairs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain records, such as work orders and parts inventory.
- Ability to account for time and materials.
- Ability to drive pickup truck and van.
Physical Effort and Working Conditions
The incumbent must be able to handle light and heavy duty equipment, handle objects weighing up to 20 pounds, and occasionally handle objects weighing up to 50 pounds and do frequent stooping, bending, lifting, and walking. The employee occasionally works in awkward positions, noisy and dirty areas, and uncomfortable weather conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience)
Must have a high school diploma or a GED equivalency, be able to read and write in English, plus have two years of building or apartment maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The Maintenance Technician must have and maintain a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and insurability; be capable of obtaining Federal, State of Michigan and City of Detroit Police Department criminal investigation clearances; and pass a drug screening test.
Please apply via resume to Email blocked - click to apply. Thank you!
Express Employment Professionals of Roseville & Detroit is seeking an experienced Property Maintenance Technicians for a local metro Detroit public housing commission - in Wayne County.
Starting salary is $19.77/hour. Position is contract-to-hire with full government benefits.
POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY.
Please apply via resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!