To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Modesto, CA 95354
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sierra Vista Child and Family • Modesto, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers:
- Competitive salary
- Desirable benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Supervision for state licensure
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
We are currently looking for a Social Worker who is ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
The primary purpose of this position is social work, one hundred percent social work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of current issues/trends in the field of counseling psychology, social work.
- Meet the Core Competency Standards as outlined in Foster Care Licensing standards and found in the SVCFS Program Statement.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form.
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Crisis management
- On call availability
- Physical capability to restrain children, lift over 20 pounds, and engage in physical activity including sports, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, etc.
- Case management for children in the program under direct supervision of the supervising social worker or program coordinator.
- Development and maintenance of an on-going treatment plan for each child.
- Coordination of individual, group and family therapy for each client in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Maintain frequent and consistent contact with all members of the treatment team.
- Maintain and review appropriate documentation (case notes, progress notes and treatment plans/quarterlies).
- Coordinate contact with family members and other relationships outside the foster home.
- Coordinate all aspects of educational planning.
- Coordinate discharge planning beginning at intake.
- Coordinate psychiatric, medical, medication, educational and other assessment/services with family and other providers.
- Coordinate all aspects of therapeutically appropriate activities for the clients in care. (i.e. extra-curricular activities, independent living activities, AB-12, employment. Post secondary education)
- Ensure all necessary forms for medication are on file and up to date. (JV 220, 223)
- Assist with preparation of psychological evaluation requests when child is referred for clinical evaluation.
- Maintain client charts in accordance with agency, accreditation, and licensing standards.
- Report any suspected child abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available up the chain of command.
- Report any suspected dependent adult/elder abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available up the chain of command.
- Complete and submit any required reports and binder updates to supervisor for CCL and CPS reports within required timeframe.
- Provide support and guidance to families on all child related issues.
- Provide home visits in accordance with Agency policies and procedures to all clients on caseload.
- Be available to families on emergency basis.
- Train and offer support for families in reporting procedures.
- Ensure compliance to all agency, accreditation, and licensing standards in each home.
- Complete monthly walk throughs of the home and ensure for the safety, well-being and permanency of the client and family.
- Provide appropriate therapeutic interventions for client and family when necessary.
- Coordinate and/or participate in Child and Family Team meetings (CFT’s) in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain foster family record in compliance with agency, accreditation, and licensing standards.
- Report and assess any event that may impact health, safety and welfare of clients including issues of suicidal or homicidal intent, injury, illness, medication error, safety, emergency and child abuse, verbally and with internal incident report form.
- Participate in on-going training program for foster families and staff.
- Effectively use Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques for crisis prevention and/or intervention.
- Interaction is appropriate and sensitive with clients’ culture and developmental level.
- Effectively us de-escalation techniques for crisis prevention.
- Attend all clinical supervision, staff meetings, and in-service trainings.
- Maintain a moral, ethical and legal environment. Report misconduct that results in policy violation or a violation of the law on any Sierra Vista site immediately to supervisor.
- On-call duty every few weeks.
- Other assigned duties.
- Everyone who works in the organization has the responsibility for preventing and controlling infections.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, psychology or related field required.
- One year experience in working with children in clinical setting.
- Sound personal qualifications (i.e., maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental and emotional health to perform job duties).
- Effective conceptualization and communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- A genuine caring for emotionally/behaviorally disturbed children.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.