- Full Time - Hourly
- 1st Shift, 8am - 4pm (Monday - Friday)
- Starting pay: $15 - $18 per hour based on experience
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls and directing calls to appropriate personnel. Perform accounting clerk functions.
- Performs reception duties including answer phones, announcing calls, maintaining main line voicemail.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or telephone.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring log book and issuing visitors badges.
- Point of contact for front office vendors and calls for service as needed. This includes copy machine, breakroom food and beverage supplier, office supplies, document shredders.
- Trouble shoots vendor supplied areas before service call is made.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures and rules.
- Provides customer information by emailing or faxing documents related to product shipment to appropriate customer contacts.
- Maintains customer records as requested.
- Provides accounting support by printing and processing invoices and mailing/emailing to customers as needed.
- Enters accounts payable invoices as needed.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Stocks and maintains conference room refreshments.
- Responsible for workplace meals for company meetings (all shifts) including ordering, ensuring paper products supply is sufficient, ordering and confirming delivery, light clean up including packing up and distributing leftovers.
- May perform administrative support tasks as requested from department managers.
- Performs credit inquiries for new customers.
- Maintains certificate of insurance documents.
- Maintains sales & use tax information.
- Reconciles credit card statements and proposes journal entry.
- Matches packing slips to invoices.
- Issues customer statements.
- Performs payment inquiries for past due invoices from customers.
- Close jobs and customer sales orders.
- Preferred strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direct on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with the office team.
- Computer skills; ability to create and work with spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and word processing documents.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- 1 year of relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Factors/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for long hours while using office equipment and computer.
- Light lifting of materials and supplies from time to time.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Valley Packaging Supply, located in Green Bay, WI, is an industry leader in the flexible packaging industry. Our business converts film into pouches, bags, and other packages commonly seen in numerous markets. Flexible pouches are an alternative to glass, aluminium, plastic and other more rigid materials.
View the full profile
Many of our repeat customers appreciate our high expectations on quality. Due to the unique quality needs of different products, our testing capabilities are diverse. Our testing capabilities include burst testing, vacuum chamber, tensile testing, die penetrant testing, creep testing, drop testing and job specific test.
At VPS, we recognize how important turn-around time projections are to our customers. We can and do work with our customers on time expectations BEFORE the film arrives.
VPS is a resource for customers. We are able to assist in developing new products. This includes necessary research, layouts, and development of the product. Our product development team supports you with education, samples, drawings and design specifications. We work for our customers and they reward us with continued work.