Sr. IT Systems Specialist/Linux Administrator, Columbia, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. IT Systems Specialist/Linux Administrator for a direct hire opportunity in Columbia, MD.
Will be joining the team responsible for ensuring that our client's training and operational technology platforms and systems are functional, stable and secure.
Managing the various platforms and systems that support their complex training environments is a challenge and they are looking for someone who has the analytical and technical capabilities, the persistence and the passion to step up to that challenge.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to various systems and acquire new skills. Excellent benefits including free IT training and certifications.
- User-centric mentality with superior customer relationship and communication skills
- Strong TCP/IP switching and routing skills; JNCIS or equivalent experience
- Strong Linux system administration skills; RHCE or equivalent experience
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Able to self-manage, self-motivate, and meet deadlines
- The desire and technical aptitude to continuously learn new technologies
- Experience with virtualization (e.g. KVM), cloud platforms (e.g. OpenStack and AWS), and configuration management tools (e.g. SaltStack) is a plus
- Able to thrive in a team-first environment and maintain focus on individual tasks
- 3+ years of recent experience in Linux systems administration and TCP/IP networking in a production environment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Windows Server 2008