To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Sales Manager
Murray Resources • Portland, OR
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Regional Sales Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Based in California or Oregon (Home office); Can be located anywhere in the state
Position Territory: Western US; Will be covering business in California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, and Idaho.
Position Salary: $110,000 - $140,000 Base (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Achieve periodic monthly and annual Booking (Orders) and Sales (Shipment) Targets.
- Achieve financial objectives by managing expenses within established budgets.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements and technical specifications.
- Manage client quotes, negotiate contract terms, resolve conflicts, provide after-sales support, and integrate with internal departments, suppliers and external technical experts.
- Achieve distribution channel performance objectives by facilitating product mix presentation.
- Continuously improve distribution channels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, encouraging, and managing distributors.
- Achieve distributor performance results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, coaching, counseling and evaluating results.
- Develop promotions with Marketing department to stimulate sales through distributors.
- Provide timely management reports about business opportunities, sales performance, trends, competitive information and promotional activity.
- Expand service quality by promoting the organization’s standards.
- Increase professional and technical knowledge by attending sales and marketing educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, developing personal networks using the latest sales development benchmarking practices, and participating in relevant professional organizations.
- Stay current with knowledge of new products, new technologies, processes, services and other general information relating to markets of interest and customer base.
- Participate and/or coordinate trade shows as required
- Must have a 4-year BS degree in engineering or business from an accredited university. 10+ years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in demonstrated experience in outside sales of industrial rotating or fluid-handling equipment.
- Must have strong mechanical and technical skills and proven ability to problem-solve and negotiate.
- Demonstrated understanding of food and industrial applications and markets and effective management of Food and Industry sales channels within the region requiring selection, evaluation and management of distributors and sales representatives, New key account development, OEM’s and selected end-user account development.
- Industrial positive displacement pump sales experience is ideal.
- Familiarity with the geographic region and with the customers and prospects within that area is essential and willingness to travel within the region is a must.
- Proficiency in planning, scheduling, customer relationship management, and distributor/representative management are critical to success.
- Full Benefits: (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K+ Matching
- Vehicle Allowance