To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shreveport, LA
- Alexa Correia
- Phone: (410)480-8002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Resident Project Representative
RealStreet • Shreveport, LA
Posted 29 days ago
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to great opportunities throughout the Continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a Resident Project Representative (Construction Inspector). As a Resident Project Representative (Construction Inspector), you will support our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm providing lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients.
The Resident Project Representative (Construction Inspector) will be working on the city’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) including wastewater Consent Decree and other water and wastewater projects. The Resident Project Representative (Construction Inspector) will be responsible for providing daily on-site inspection / observations of construction activity, verifying work progress, processing contractor payment requests, conducting weekly site meetings, participating in start-up and helping with testing and closeout. The Resident Project Representative (Construction Inspector) will provide thorough documentation of the contractor’s daily work progress via established program guidelines and per prevailing construction standards, and additional duties shall include:
- Providing routine inspection and quality assurance of construction activities to ensure compliance with the contract documents
- Observing and taking detailed field notes of contractor’s on-site activities for each visit
- Verifying all work performed by contractor has been completed in accordance with the contract documents
- Acting as first respondent to public complaints related to the construction project
- Following and enforcing Health and Safety procedures established by contractor
- Providing daily field reports using the Program Management Information System (PMIS), Primavera Unifier
- Tracking pay estimate quantities of work in weekly field reports using PMIS and verifying contractor’s monthly pay request
- Facilitating orderly communication between the entities involved during construction
- Coordinating and scheduling required field soils and materials testing
- Inspecting and reporting contractor’s work remaining within rights of way and servitudes and compliance with permits
- Verifying that all required permits are maintained and properly implemented
- Attending and taking notes at monthly progress meetings and other on-site meetings
- Assisting Construction Manager (CM) in review of contractor’s baseline schedule
- Tracking Requests for Information (RFI’s) and submittals to confirm that modifications or changes have been approved and are properly incorporated into the project’s construction
- Maintaining a dedicated set of as-builts / red line markups to document daily work activity
Specific qualifications for the Resident Project Representative (Construction Inspector) role include:
- B.S. Degree or higher in engineering, construction management or similar applicable discipline is preferred
- 5 years minimum of experience providing water and wastewater infrastructure construction inspection
- Experience in providing underground utility inspection and sewer pipeline inspection is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Program Management Information System (PMIS), specifically Primavera Unifier, is preferred
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long - Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!