Hungryroot is your personal grocer, powered by AI and the belief that food deeply impacts your daily life. You tell us a little about yourself, and we deliver healthy groceries to your door each week with recipes and meal planning support. Hungryroot helps you save time, save money, shop sustainably, and eat what makes you feel your best.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for an analytical and ambitious Supply Chain Planner who is seeking a challenging position in a fast-paced, start-up environment. In this role, your responsibilities will span numerous functions with a special focus on building tools to help improve inventory management, order fulfillment, and customer experience-related metrics. The ideal candidate has a strong analytical aptitude with the ability to extract, interpret and clearly communicate findings and recommendations. You are able to analyze data within the context of the business holistically, which means you not only report on data, but also constantly identify solutions and opportunities to improve the groceries and recipes that we offer, as well as how we deliver those groceries to our customers.
You will be joining an Operations team responsible for our sourcing, supply chain, culinary and customer care functions. We all fit within Hungryroot’s overall team of 50 motivated, smart and kind teammates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with partner fulfillment centers and supply chain team to monitor and improve inventory accuracy and in-stock availability
- Lead and manage Inventory planning, ordering, and forecasting for multiple categories
- Collaborate and communicate with vendors to ensure on time delivery and resolve order issues
- Identify and execute opportunities to increase sales, turn, and item availability
- Support the development and ongoing optimization of product forecasting models
- Collaborate with digital product team on identifying and analyzing supply chain related opportunities to realize the maximum benefit of our personalized box filling algorithm
- Bachelor’s Degree required with focus on data science or supply chain management
- Expertise in Excel and Google Sheets; comfortable learning new systems; experience in Looker and/or SQL is a plus
- 3+ years supply chain planning and data analytics experience, experience with perishable product and food is a plus
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to use data and reports to make decisions, identify problems, and come up with solutions.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to meet timelines
- Willingness to dive in with a no-task-is-too-small attitude
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work both independently and in team settings
- Strong organizational skills
- A clear communicator with solid written and oral communication skills
- A motivated, positive, proactive and transparent attitude
- Passion for healthy living, brightening people’s days and Hungryroot’s mission
- Based at our Manhattan Office, just south of Union Square (Note: we are currently working remotely and will support remote working indefinitely)
- Reports to our Supply Chain leader
- Competitive compensation + subsidized health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Supply Chain Management