About Carotek, Inc. (www.carotek.com)
With over 160 highly trained employees, Carotek is recognized as one of the country’s strongest and most respected providers of products and services to meet the demands of a complex, high tech cross-industry market. We offer a dynamic and exciting work environment, with competitive salaries, incentive programs, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are recognized as one of the country's strongest engineering level agents, distributors and value-added fabricators. From the simple to the complex, we offer a broad scope of products and services in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, valve, pump and steam specialties to the industrial, commercial and municipal markets in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Virginia.
Our mechanical and electrical shops are designed to custom build and integrate complex process skids. We continue to strive for product improvement and value engineer these packages for better cost and product enhancement.
Carotek also is an affirmative action employer committed to offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status.
We're always on the lookout for highly talented and highly motivated people to help us continue our hard-earned reputation for quality and service excellence. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Carotek has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply as they become available.
Executing sales strategy and initiating contact with existing and potential customers in a specified territory for the sale of PUMPS, FILTRATION, HEAT TRANSFER EQUIPMENT and services, the person in this position will act as a consultative business partner and technical expert in the application of our products and be responsible for penetrating barriers and growing the Central/Northwestern VA territory by:
- Calling on end-users such as engineers, technicians and other decision makers, as well as architectural and engineering firms who service our end-user customer base ;
- Providing process solutions, technical support and application advice on our products, specifically PUMPS, FILTRATION AND HEAT TRANSFER EQUIPMENT;
- Reviewing specifications, application requirements and other technical documents and working closely with Inside Sales staff for preparation of quotes;
- Developing and delivering sales presentations and closing sales in a professional and effective manner;
- Conducting informational training sessions on our products and their application;
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of competitive activity, industry trends, new products and other general information of interest to customers;
- Participating in sales forecasting and planning for the assigned territory;
- Maintaining CRM database,
- Attending factory training sessions and trade shows for products represented;
- …and more
· Technical. Customer/Client Focus. Creative Problem Solving Skills/Analysis. Results Driven. Self-motivated.
Travel is up to 75% of the time and primarily local during the business day, although occasional travel is expected which may require overnight stays and weekends. Ability to transport self to various facility sites required, must possess a valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Associates degree in a technical field or business concentration; 4+ years’ experience in combination of Outside or Inside Sales, preferably selling PUMPS, FILTRATION AND HEAT TRANSFER EQUIPMENT or other process equipment for industrial application and with a proven track record of success; Inside Sales and/or Field Service work a plus.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction for an indefinite period of time.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veterans Employer