Job Title: URL blocked - click to applyNew Product Development Manager - Plastics
Degree: Masters or PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Engineering, or Material Science
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: OUTSTANDING benefits package, re-lo assistance and more!
About the Position:
Our client, is one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of high-quality chemical additives for use in a variety of applications. The company fosters an environment that provides challenging individual and team-oriented responsibilities and projects that are professionally enriching and rewarding.
Our client is seeking, a New Product Development Manager to provide technical solutions and innovations for plastics specialty product portfolio to achieve targeted segment level growth.
This is an exciting opportunity for a top performer to establish themselves with a global leader in chemical technology, putting your imprint on the organization thru surrounding yourself w/ highly effective talent in the technical, management, and non-technical positions.
- Lead R&D team to explore and develop new technologies/formulations for the segment
- Develop technical solutions for better utilization of company products.
- New additives studies/analyses to enhance the value/performance of company’s products.
- Work closely with Product managers and tech service to identify opportunities for new products and possible solutions
- Work closely with the labs to analyze/optimize the performance of new products
- Manage projects through stage gate process
- Provide technical solutions and innovations for plastics systems thereby helping business grow profitability.
- Work closely with marketing to develop masterbatches/compounds to compete with competition.
- Help develop product positioning and value communication for training, selling tools and marketing collateral
- Carry out detailed analyses of competitive products (especially new products) and provide recommendations.
- Masters or PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Engineering, or Material Science
- Ph. D. in Polymer Science and 7-15 years plastics industry experience preferred
- Experience in product and application testing
- Previous cross-functional and global experience.
- Knowledge of pigments and polymers and their application into the global color and conductive applications.
- Skill in segment performance requirements (especially in different mixing equipment)
Research And Development