To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
24463 West 10 Mile Road
Southfield, MI 48033
- Phone:: 248-556-9302
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PACE Southeast Michigan • Southfield, MI
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PACE Southeast Michigan (PACE SE MI) formerly Center for Senior Independence, a leading provider of senior care, is currently recruiting for full time Transportation Drivers for various shifts.
At PACE Southeast Michigan (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly), we strive to be the most outstanding and innovative senior care facility in Southeast Michigan. We are looking to expand to multiple sites within the next 5 years with a goal to service over 1000 eligible seniors. PACE SEMI is a Medicare and Medicaid dual eligible program. As a managed care capitated program, PACE SEMI functions as the insurer and care provider for all patients. Our goal is to help frail seniors continue to live in their own homes with dignity by providing all medical and social services necessary, at our Center and in their own homes. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our quality facilities.
Under general supervision, the Transportation Driver for PACE Southeast Michigan performs activities related to the transportation of program participants, and or medical supplies, to and from the program site and other facilities as directed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains established departmental and system policies and procedures and objectives, including but not limited to the following:
- quality assurance program
- safety environmental
- infection control standards
- Transports program participants to and from the program site or other assigned areas, as directed by the transportation supervisor or manager.
- Assists the program participants to and from the vehicle, to the participants' residence or the center in a safe manner, using the appropriate assistive devices as necessary.
- Participates in all scheduled education programs, in-services, or staff meetings as directed.
- Utilizes safe and appropriate body mechanics, and transfer techniques when providing transportation services to program.
- A valid, unrestricted, Michigan CDL license–Class A or B, with Passenger endorsement, and a driving record that falls into an acceptable category.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Must be capable of and experienced in transporting individuals with special mobility needs.
- Must have one (1) year of experience with frail or elderly population.
- The ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or more and to put forth extremely heavy physical effort.
- Must meet a standardized set of competencies (approved by CMS) before working.
- Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check and health screening, including drug test, TB and MMR.