We’re still hiring – Join us for virtual Zoom interviews!
We still want you to join our team here at Samaritan Daytop Village! In an effort to keep you and our staff safe, we are conducting Zoom interviews in lieu of in-person interviews so you can connect and learn about why you’d make a great addition to our Samaritan family.
We are currently seeking an LPN to join our residential medical team in the Midtown area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists with patient care including checking vital signs, blood pressure, pulse rate, breathing, temperature, weight, discussing chief health concerns, administers injections and performs test.
· Takes patient’s medical history, all pretreatment formalities and enters data in computer system.
· Follows orders of physician and registered nurse in providing care.
· Records in patients’ record a detailed report of care given.
· Handles proper charting, documentation and maintenance of patients’ medical records.
· Checks, cleans and dresses wounds.
· Reinforces instructions given to patient by RN or Physician.
· Notifies RN or Physician of significant finding or changes in patient’s physical or mental condition.
· Places phone calls to pharmacies to order prescriptions.
· Maintains confidentiality of patient records.
· Pulls and prepares patient charts.
· Maintains neatness of work area.
· Stocks patient rooms with supplies.
· Provides emotional support as needed.
· Initiates emergency assistance as per policies and procedures.
· Attends staff development trainings and nursing conferences.
- NYS LPN licensure.
- BLS certification.
- At least One-Three years experience as an LPN, preferable working with substance use/mental health clients.
What we can do for you:
- Growth potential
- Team work
- Work that makes a difference and impact your community
- Experienced leadership and supervision
We also offer: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance , 401k Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account , Short-term & long-term disability coverage, Health Reimbursement Account, Commuter spending accounts, Three weeks paid vacation, Ten paid holidays, Two Personal days, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program
Samaritan Daytop Village has grown into one of New York’s largest as well as a nationally recognized comprehensive Health and Human Services Agency, with over 60 programs across New York City and greater New York Area. We are the Samaritan Daytop Village you know – in your neighborhoods and communities – serving those around you. We embrace our strong reputation for quality services, outstanding facilities and expert staff, and strive to excel in a transitioning healthcare environment.
Registered Nurse Certified
Licensed Practical Nurse
Basic Life Support