Job title: Lab Technician
Job location: Millsboro, DE
Job duration: 6+ months
Shift: Stretch of 4 - 10-hour days
· Position description for lab tech (entry level): A Laboratory Technician is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of veterinary products. Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing cell culture processes throughout the manufacturing cycle.
· At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department supervision.
· Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to: Perform procedures including aseptic work, media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, tissue culture preparation and harvest, filling vaccines, etc.
· Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation.
· Communicate any unusual and/or non-routine occurrences when performing tasks Cleaning work areas, prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use Equipment setup and operation.
· Note - Embryonic eggs are utilized for virus propagation.
Hazardous materials: Isopropal Alcohol, Hydrogen peroxide, Phenolic Disinfectants, Oxidizers.
Bachelors degree or commensurate experience with some lab based experience.
· GMP experience needed. Some scientific background/experience would be helpful.
· Cell culturing experience very helpful. Prior SAP experience.
· Physical abilities test will be required prior to being allowed to start on site. Aseptic/clean room environment environment experience.
· Experience using PH meters, UniFuge, measuring components, reading/following SOP's, aseptic behaviors.
· Preferred: Vaccine knowledge.
**SHIFT* Stretch of 4 - 10-hour days** experience. Effective writing, oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are highly desirable.
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Sap Applications
- Standard Operating Procedure