To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Honolulu, HI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Domestic Customer Service Agent
Commodity Forwarders Inc. • Honolulu, HI
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are a freight forwarding company that specializes in the transportation and distribution of perishable products worldwide. We handle freight of all kinds from frozen fish and meats, fruits, vegetables and flowers, to chilled fish, organic produce and dry cargo. With offices in Anchorage, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle New York, Honolulu, Maui, Kona, Hilo, Kauai, we are well positioned to handle all perishable cargo. CFI also handles temperature sensitive cargo through our perishable network relationships from cities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Latin America, South Pacific Asia and the Middle East.
We are looking for a full-time Domestic Customer Service Agent to fill a position within our Service department. This is a non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $15.00 - $17.00 depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently handling various responsibilities with competing priorities as well as excellent customer service abilities.
Position Responsibilities :
- Prioritize the work flow of cargo movements
- Prepare export/import documentation correctly
- Insure the timely movement of cargo from origin to destination
- Approach each customer file as an opportunity to exceed expectation and build customer confidence
- Make sure all work completed meets Commodity Forwarders quality standards
- Makes sure all necessary reports and records are complete, timely, and accurate
- Coordinate all necessary deliveries while maintaining our strict delivery guidelines.
- Assist the sales team to achieve the goals for customer retention and new sales.
- Process claim paperwork timely and accurately with carriers.
- Make sure the department provides the support required by other departments and stations to maximize customer and vendor satisfaction and optimize profit.
- Complete responsibilities for all billing requirements to achieve goals.
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability Insurance and Basic Life Insurance (100% paid by the company for employee only coverage)
- AFLAC and 401K enrollment opportunity
- PTO + Vacation as in line with company policy
- 1 - 2 years Customer Service Experience
- 1 - 2 years Administrative Experience Preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Outlook
- Must be able to type a minimum of 45 WMP
- Must be comfortable answering/transferring calls
- Excellent customer service abilities
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently handling various responsibilities with competing priorities.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree Required