To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Mason Turner
- Phone: 469-939-7582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Infrastructure Architect
RED SKY Consulting • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Position type: Direct Hire
Client: A Fortune 500 company that touches and enhances the lives of millions globally daily!
**Candidate referral program-get 2500. moneiy for referring others to RED SKY Consulting -- details below, at end of job description. *
The Consulting IT Architect will be responsible for translating business and technical requirements into architecture design artifacts that guide the development and implementation of business solutions, while adhering to established design patterns and guiding principles defined by the Enterprise Architecture team.
The ideal candidate will provide technical oversight to strategic projects, and will have the ability to effectively lead multiple initiatives concurrently, while also providing direction to ensure the stability and scalability of existing systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce infrastructure designs for large and/or architecturally significant IT initiatives.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standard solutions and technologies are correctly leveraged by the Design & Engineering team.
- Provide architecture oversight and sign-off on the detailed designs produced by service providers.
- Serve as an architectural or subject matter expert advisor to senior IT management, and mentor junior level technical staff within multiple functional areas of the IT organization.
- Partner with business stakeholders to design next generation technology solutions, while continuing to support existing business capabilities on legacy systems.
- Assist project managers as well as the business facing team with project onboarding.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Identify and lead the resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Skilled in presentation, listening, interpreting, and providing unsolicited feedback as required.
- A minimum of 8 years of direct experience working with a variety of technology systems and designing solutions.
- Deep understanding of the current state of enterprise infrastructure, automation and orchestration, continuous integration/deployment, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security requirements and demands as they relate to infrastructure provisioning and operations.
- Comfortable discussing business needs, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions.
- Comfortable with technology capacity and performance sizing.
- Comfortable with leading whiteboard discussions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral).
- Proven knowledge with Network: LAN, WAN, SD-WAN (Cisco, Palo-alto), switches, firewalls, DMZ, CDN, DNS, VPN.
- Proven knowledge with Hosting and Storage: Compute (Linux, windows) Virtualization (VMWARE) and Converged - Hybrid infrastructure.
- Proven knowledge with Cloud Solutions: IAAS, PAAS, AWS, Azure, IBM/Bluemix, Google Cloud Platform.
- Proven knowledge with EUC and mobility: VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise, VMware User Environment Management, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop.
- Proven knowledge with Email & AD: Active Directory, Exchange, Azure AD Premium.
- Four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Science, Systems Analysis or Related Field
- Professional certifications are preferred.