The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The Weitz Company is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Senior Living division within the National Business Unit. This role will travel to various locations throughout the United States.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the business development and operations team to build an adequate base of business by identifying, pursuing and developing relationships with current and potential clients. Additionally, this role is responsible for the identification and development of sales leads, owner contract negotiations, assisting in acquiring new business, and developing proposal materials and presentations. This Business Development Manager may be asked to participate in strategic planning, advertising and public relations. This position reports to the most senior level Business Development Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pursue sales opportunities leading to successful projects while achieving volume and gross profit goals; efforts should be made to “prequalify” clients and their fit with Weitz before resources are committed to a pursuit
- Initiate, expand and maintain strong networks and relationships with current and potential clients, designers, commercial real estate individuals and groups, civic groups, and related firms and individuals to generate new and continuing business leads
- Interact with the design and construction team in developing technical solutions and strategies for the development of construction projects
- Coordinate with the marketing team on the maintenance of marketing materials, photography, advertising, public relations, web site and presentations that reflect the core values, business practices, services, goals, projects and personnel
- Participate on external organization committees and/or boards supporting the business development function while raising awareness of the Company within the industry
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures, and core values
- Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, construction engineering and/or business. A Master’s Degree or MBA is helpful but not required. Academic exposure in public relations, advertising, communications, or journalism would also be helpful.
Experience: At least ten (10) years of experience in the commercial construction industry is required. Five years of business development experience with an established network in the senior living sector. Experience negotiating projects greater than $40M. Proven management experience is preferred .
Skills : A qualified candidate will have knowledge of construction practices, strategic orientation, RFP response preparation, team presentation preparation and execution, pricing, estimating, pre-construction and fee structures. Oral and written communication skills, influencing others, providing a high-level of service after the sale, and communicating to a variety of audiences is necessary. Will need to be self-motivated, creative and take personal enjoyment in the process of deal making.
Technology : Candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Training will be provided on company standards.
The Weitz Company Core Values:
- Honesty & Integrity
- Respect for People
- Performance with Absolute Reliability
- Long-Term Perspective
- Nurturing Personal Growth
For more information and to apply, please visit our careers page at www.weitz.com.
BUILD A BETTER WAY
The Weitz Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Weitz is a drug and alcohol free workplace.