To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1050 Boyles Street
Frederick, MD 21702
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. • Frederick, MD
Posted 2 months ago
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
Contracts and Acquisitions (C&A) provides all purchasing, subcontracting, receiving, warehouse, distribution and transportation services for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) operations and specific subcontracting support for National Cancer Institute’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other institutes.
- Drafts Construction solicitation packages and solicits proposals, conducts bidder evaluations, negotiates terms and conditions, pricing, and schedules with management input. Prepares final award documents and administers subcontract through its lifecycle
- Reviews statement of work submitted by program, recommends appropriate changes if required in areas such as defined deliverables, acceptance criteria, and general structure of the document
- Determines appropriate subcontract type and ensures all prime contract, federal, corporate, other agency supplement provisions and clauses are flowed down as required
- Responsible for file preparation, file maintenance, and full file documentation to meet internal audit standards and those of an approved government acquisition organization
- Documents the Construction and/or Architect and Engineer award justification within the Acquisition Summary to include cost/price analysis, risk evaluation, technical response evaluation, and award eligibility
- Provides post award subcontract management to include invoice approval, issuing subcontract modifications, ensuring deliverables and performance measures are met, and close out activities
- Reviews invoices and payments and modifications as needed and provides performance tracking and closeout for the full subcontract lifecycle
- Responsible for accuracy of subcontract data entry into the financial system as well as the subcontract management system. May participate in or conduct bidders' conferences and manages source evaluation groups that are responsible for technical/business review of bidder's proposal responses
- May participate in Construction special project groups
- Interacts and supports other areas such as Internal Audit, Finance, Accounts Payable, Construction, Project Managers, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a responsible authority. Work in a subcontracts environment both independently and within a team.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/subcontracts.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with non-technical and technical staff
- General working knowledge of systems utilized and regulations such as: Federal Acquisition Regulations in a prime contract environment, principals of contract law, best practices in Construction and Architect and Engineer subcontracting, and the balance between federal subcontracting and commercial subcontracting processes and procedures
- Knowledgeable in fixed price, Time and Materials, and other common subcontract types
- Proficiency in word processing systems, i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access or similar systems
- Possession of an BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a related field (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible job related experience in contract/subcontract administration.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)