To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medford, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN Family Birth Center Lactation Consultant
Asante • Medford, OR
Posted 21 days ago
RN – Lactation Clinic Position Overview
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center's Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is an expert in the management of the breastfeeding mother-baby dyad in both the inpatient and outpatient settings and serves as a consultant, educator, and lactation expert. As a consultant, they work collaboratively with the Family Birth Center, NICU, Pediatrics, OB, Family Practice, and nursing care teams to develop feeding plans for a range of infants from the normal newborn to the complex neonate in order to assist the mother in achieving her breastfeeding goals. The IBCLC will make clinical assessments, and use current lactation theories and research to develop evidence-based feeding plans that address individual feeding issues while respecting the physician's and family's breastfeeding desires.
As a Lactation Clinic RN at Asante, you will have the opportunity to:
· Assist IBCLC in providing for formal class instruction on breastfeeding preparation for parents
· Evaluate quality, appropriateness, and effectiveness of current breastfeeding educational programs, written materials and teaching aids for consumers and communicate with IBCLC
This is a position that is part time with 64 hours/pay period
· Bachelor's degree in nursing or other health related field
· 2 years' experience in direct patient care related to lactation with one year in patient education related to lactation
· Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) required
· Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
· NRP preferred
· Minimum of two years experience in direct patient care related to lactation along with at least one year in patient education related to lactation is required
· Ability to problem-solve, interpret and deal with variables in an efficient, logical manner
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills to represent department to the public and internal customers through actions and behaviors