To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8831 North Sam Houston Parkway West
Houston, TX 77064
- Shannon Joiner
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Alarm Installer Technician
Central Security Group, Inc. • Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Install, program, and repair wiring and equipment, including but not limited to security burglar alarm, fire alarm, surveillance video, and other products as required. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with codes.
· Maintain a positive customer relationship and company image
· Wiring and installation of equipment
· Responsible for servicing equipment for 90 days after installation
· Adjust units based on room structures and manufacturer’s recommendations
· Submit all paperwork including SOP and JOB on time as required
· Troubleshoot alarms and circuitry
· Train customers in the proper use of their system. Demonstrate system for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms
· Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach fixture outlets; then position cables, wires and strappings
· Keep company vehicle clean and organized at all times
· Close service calls in a timely manner
· Notify branch office when scheduled calls are completed and can take additional service calls
· Will be scheduled as “on call" to accommodate priority service calls
· Remain up-to-date with industry licensing and testing requirements.
· Ability to read and understand basic blue prints and have knowledge of basic building construction.
· Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials, requirements, and installation procedures.
· Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
· Knowledge of a wide range of alarm panels.
· Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
· Ability to diagnose basic problems
· Track VRT
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license
· Current state fire and alarm licenses (ACE License)