As a Team Member at BrightStar Care, you will be part of a growing franchise organization that continues to evolve and positively impact the lives of our franchise owners, their team members, and clients they serve. We are looking for a team member that engages – who takes responsibility for themselves and takes care of their clients, team members and colleagues. Ideal candidates can compose themselves under pressure and focus their energy on building relationships while developing recommendations and solutions.
The Manager of Engagement & Retention is responsible for the recommendation and support of best practices for franchisees’ improved retention and engagement of their field staff. This role will work with a group of franchisees via the Employer of Choice Committee in the development and deployment of programs and activities for effective engagement, retention, and inclusion. This individual will collaborate in the deployment and administration of our engagement survey, development of KPI’s & programs and will partner closely with Talent Management staff, franchise owners, support office team members and BrightStar leadership to help create a best in-class talent management practice.
This individual must be a natural coach and mentor who can consult and develop recommended strategies, foster relationships within all levels of the organization, and relate well with others. The Director/Manager, in collaboration with franchise teams and support center staff, will use data to determine drivers of turnover and engagement, and will produce a scorecard to track and measure effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
· Minimum of 6 – 8 years of professional experience with an emphasis on building employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, creation and oversight of Business Resources Groups and creation of diversity and inclusion programs and strategies or a proven track record of other HR related experience such as work in Talent Acquisition, Training and Development, Diversity & Inclusion
· In-depth functional experience working in a franchise business model
· Knowledge in the design, implementation, and action planning of engagement surveys
· Skilled in translating external and internal trends into innovative and creative practices
· Experience with culture and engagement content development and facilitation
· Experience with project management, strategic consulting, and designing data-driven engagement and retention strategies
· Experience processing information and building solutions to challenges and approaches to opportunities
· Experience with research and data analysis
· Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into an executable strategy and working with cross-functional teams to deploy recommendations
· Proven track record of facilitating organization-wide initiatives with franchise owners and senior level stakeholders
· Exceptional communication skills exhibited at all levels within an organization
· Ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to do manual tasks which may include the use of hands to finger and handle controls. Tasks may also require the ability to talk or hear. The team member will frequently sit, bend, and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides recommendations, deployment and support of engagement, and retention strategies to enhance Brightstar’s franchisees’ Employee Value Proposition (EVP) to their field staff
· Partners with franchise owners, Human Resources, Marketing, coaches, and other team members throughout the organization to further recommend engagement, retention and strategies aligned with the Brightstar’s long-term strategic objectives.
· Takes a data-driven approach to engagement, retention and inclusion which includes iterating upon existing framework and recommending new framework to continuously measure the impact and effectiveness of related programs.
· Leverages new and existing data to make informed decisions throughout the franchisee team member life cycle, from how franchisees attract and select talent, to how they grow and retain talent.
· Provides analysis and insights from engagement survey results that lead to identifying and developing recommended solutions to solving existing issues
· Make recommendations to franchisees on actions and action plan processes to improvement based upon survey results and additional sources of feedback from the workforce.
· Continuously provides the franchise network and support office with insight and training on developing a better understanding of desired engagement practices and tools to improve working environment.
· Responsible for the oversight of Home Care Pulse (HCP) engagement platform
· In partnership with Talent Acquisition (TA) owns the creation and promotion of educational programs to develop a greater understanding of engagement, retention, and inclusion.
· Develops franchisee training and activities related to engagement, retention and inclusion and/or sources third party resources for dissemination of this training.
· Shares ownership with TA to build and maintain internal reputation and living the employment brand.
· Champions Brightstar’s culture, mission, and Employee Value Proposition to internal audiences
· Other duties as required