Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Revenue Accounting Manager for a fast growing Software Company in Raleigh, NC. This position will have direct responsibility for all activity related to revenue recognition. The Revenue Accounting Manager will lead the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with current and emerging accounting standards.
- Lead and execute month-end close activities including analyses, reconciliations, and presentation of revenue reporting
- Improve revenue accounting operations, including organizational, process and system changes
- Own the monthly revenue reporting package process, including variance analyses and quarterly close decks presented to the CFO & ELT, and continue to drive robust reporting relevant to revenue growth
- Streamline and develop scalable processes and policies for revenue recognition
- Be responsible for the annual audit deliverables with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs and document conclusions via technical revenue accounting memos
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Product Management, Sales Operations, Legal and IT
- Lead or assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and experience in applying software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 605/606)
- 5+ years experience in revenue accounting with a mix of both industry and public accounting firm experience
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Experience with large ERP system (Netsuite preferred) & Salesforce
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Accentuate Staffing family of companies is comprised of Accentuate Staffing and ACC On Demand. Our roster of corporate clients includes over 250 of the RTP area’s premier employers. Producing more than 2,000 w2’s each fiscal year we’re especially gratified by the scale that we have been able to consistently achieve, and its significance to both client companies and job candidates.
View the full profile
Accentuate Staffing, founded in 1996, is a small, North Carolina certified woman-owned business enterprise, located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Recognizing a local market opportunity for a trusted, reliable recruiting resource, our candidate referrals now span the accounting, information technology, scientific / clinical research, office professional, engineering and human resource market niches. On occasion, we’ll even source a “purple squirrel”, the rarest of all breeds.
ACC On Demand, founded in 2005, is a small, North Carolina certified woman-owned business enterprise, located in Raleigh, North Carolina. This vertical opportunity was initiated in direct response to current clients’ demands for a trusted, reliable provider of high volume, light industrial, and distribution personnel.