To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
750 Lincoln Avenue
Troy, OH 45373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ITW Food Equipment Group • Troy, OH
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company with decentralized business segments, including Food Equipment Group. As one of the businesses in Food Equipment, the Troy Manufacturing Facility is seeking Assemblers for direct hire.
The Troy Plant has two business divisions: Vulcan Cooking and Hobart Warewash. Hobart Warewash produces commercial dishwashers and Vulcan Cooking produces steamers, braising pans and kettles. These commercial products are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, health care, cruise ships, schools, universities and retail. We are in search of Assemblers to perform a range of assembly procedures following quality and safety processes. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, these positions will be responsible for performing a range of operations connected with sub-assembly, main and final assembly, packing, trouble shooting, repair, and adjustment of stainless steel commercial equipment models to meet exacting operation performance. Some assemblies are built by moving the unit through progressive work stations while other units are built complete at a single work station. These positions require daily and/or weekend overtime.
- Perform responsibilities and tasks following safety practices and procedures
- Able to perform assembly in proper order and sequence of events
- Prioritize workload to meet daily/weekly production schedule
- Check assemblies and perform minor adjustments including alignment and tightening
- Keep all parts clean and assemblies and units free from dirt and foreign matter
- Be able to visually inspect finish of assembled unit for scratches, chips, dents or other defects
- Responsible for quality of own work
- Be able to read schematics, blueprints, shop orders, and work instructions to check plans on jobs; follow instructions and convey supply shortages.
- Be able to read and utilize measuring devices, i.e. measuring tapes.
- Knowledge and use of hand and power tools. Understanding of correct usage for each job.
- Pack and/or crate finished products and parts.
- Learn and have a good understanding of product/options
- Be at work daily as scheduled
- Work overtime as scheduled to meet customer expectations
- Able to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers, supervision, management, customers, and vendors.
- Attendance is an essential function.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Periods of working in hot/cold environment
May occasionally move material up to 50 lbs.
High frequency welding is done in area
Areas of facility require hearing protection
May require some climbing to reach top of machine
Periods of Prolonged Standing, Sitting, Bending, Stooping throughout shift
ITW/Food Equipment Group, Troy Plant is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. We demonstrate this commitment through our tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) and drug-free workplace policies.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Plant Human Resources at 937.332.3000 ext. 2188 to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.