The Executive Administrative Manager will oversee and coordinate the administrative and professional support functions for the accounting department. This position ensures the accuracy and integrity of department policies and procedures, and directs administrative personnel to accomplish the goals and objectives of the operation. This individual will also be responsible for daily operational and administrative tasks as assigned by the Casino Accounting department leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages flow of information through the Accounting department, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Manages administrative projects, ensuring on-time completion and accuracy of information.
- Ensures department and project objectives are met by monitoring and measuring progress; coordinates the people and resources necessary to implement plans.
- Establishes procedures, practices and work methods to increase work unit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Analyzes internal processes and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes for improvement on a continuous basis.
- Prepares information needed for business reports and presentations as directed, including all supporting documents, charts, spreadsheets, etc.
- Monitors the budget for department and maintains adherence to budgeted constraints.
- Manages the department’s documents according to the document retention policy.
- Coordinates schedules (payroll and personal leave) and departmental onboarding.
- Coordinates and/or oversees travel arrangements as per internal protocols.
- Works closely and effectively with the Controllers and Vice President of Accounting, keeping them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Plans, schedules and organizes the Vice President of Accounting’s Outlook calendar and related business activities; coordinates day-to-day activities, manages schedule conflicts and challenges.
- Serves as a diplomatic gatekeeper that effectively filters both internal and external calls, visitors and other inquiries.
- Resolves obstacles to success through clear plans of action and uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to recommend solutions.
- Organizes management meetings and represents the Accounting department in internal and external meetings as necessary.
- Initiates and performs effective research and follows up on a wide variety administrative and organizational tasks.
- Provides leadership and oversight to administrative staff and ensures the department provides quality service to internal and external customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of relevant and progressive experience required; experience must include the direct support of executive level professionals and supervisory responsibilities.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Experienced at managing the competing demands and tradeoffs between on time delivery and high quality of deliverables.
- Possesses a work history that demonstrates resourcefulness and effective problem solving in ambiguous situations.
- Robust Project Management experience required.
- Must consistently maintain poise and a professional demeanor under challenging and high pressure situations.
- Must be conscientious, never wavering from a presentable and professional image as the representative of the Accounting department.
- Practices resiliency, common sense and situational awareness as well as the ability to appropriately adapt between amicability and assertiveness.
- Ability to exercise personal initiative and anticipate the needs of the team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio required.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) and/or Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) accreditations highly preferred.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!