Under the direction of the Retail Supervisor, the Retail Sales Associate will share in the commitment to provide a rewarding guest experience every time for every guest. They will contribute to a dynamic selling environment where your selling strength will make you an important part of our team. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to demonstrating outstanding customer service skills, meeting selling and loyalty program standards, providing advanced product knowledge to our customers and working as a team to meet individual, department and store objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcomes all guests with enthusiasm and conversation with a friendly verbal greeting. Maintains a visible presence and contact with all customers.
- Delights our guests with outstanding service to the standards set by SMC.
- Demonstrates a pro-active attitude in a consistent effort to sell providing solutions that best meet or exceed the customer’s needs.
- Consistently stocks merchandise to ensure store is appropriately supplied at all times. Assists in design of merchandise in displays.
- Performs and accurately records retail transactions including cash, credit cards, Earned Rewards and comps through a Point of Sale system using proper procedures.
- Maintains a cash drawer and balances drawer at end of shift maintaining a minimum of variances.
- Responsible for daily housekeeping of the store, straightening merchandise, dusting and cleaning
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Club Serrano and all current and upcoming promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in Retail environment that processed cash and credit card transactions required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, interpersonal and ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members and management. Must have the ability to meet or exceed sales, customer service standards.
- Ability to work Point of Sales Systems with the appropriate training.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required.
- Must be comfortable working and speaking with the public.
- Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor under stressful situations.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!