Shriners Hospitals for Children - Salt Lake City is an acute pediatric orthopaedic specialty hospital. We are committed to delivering the highest quality of care to children with a multitude of orthopaedic and neuromusculoskeletal conditions, regardless of the ability to pay. You will function as a critical member of our hospital's team and work towards the goals of Shriners Hospital for Children.
We are hiring a Health Information Management Manager that will be responsible for managing, coordinating, and performing day to day HIM departmental operations and staff supervision. The HIM Manager will oversee and implement facility related HIM operational Planning/initiatives, budgets, workflow processes and internal controls.
Responsibilities include; interviewing, hiring and training employees; plans, assigns and directs workflow, appraises employee performance and rewards and disciplines accordingly; addresses complaints and resolves problems; and actively oversees and manages production and quality control efforts.
Implements and supports all Corporate HIM initiatives and activities. Provides support to HIM Departments at the facility level for department operations, reimbursement opportunities, various program implementation, and HIM specific system installations.
Shriners offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and FSA medical and dependent care accounts. Our packages also include a 403b retirement savings with a match, tuition reimbursement, subsidized public transportation, and life insurance coverage.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management, Business, or Healthcare related Field required.
- Three years of Health Information Management experience required.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) through AHIMA required.
The ideal candidate will have a skill set that can perform the following:
- Provide effective leadership to assigned staff
- Utilize appropriate management methods and practices
- Analyze complex and varied data/information from a variety of sources, develop practical and applicable alternatives with justifications, determine the appropriate solution, and successfully implement
- Communicate effectively, tactfully, and persuasively in both oral and written forms
- Supervise, evaluate, and motivate assigned staff
- Plan, manage and prioritized a wide variety of functions within a given time frame and limited resources
- Perform assigned duties and physical activities in a manner that insures safety and health of self and others.
Registered Health Information Technician
Registered Health Information Administrator
Health Information Management
Employee Performance Management