Johnson Service Group is recruiting for an experienced, Electrical Engineer, for a direct hire position in Knoxville, TN. This role will assist the Director of Engineering and maintain responsibility for the overall quality of the deliverables associated with substation design projects. An attractive benefits package is included, and relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency/Green Card is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Team Lead for design activities associated with power substation engineering standards design
- Responsibilities may include Physical and/or Protection & Control design oversight for multiple projects as well as supervisory responsibility for design personnel (up to 6)
- Manage technical aspects and oversee groups of projects to ensure business unit and client objectives are achieved
- Ensure project schedule, quality and budget goals are met
- Supervise engineers, technicians, and administrative personnel
- Stay current with changes in client standards and practices and ensure the design group is trained accordingly
- Assist with development of bid packages and project estimates
- Attend site visits and scoping meetings for upcoming projects as needed
- Make project assignments, review deliverables, and coordinate with the director when additional resources are needed
Reasons to move to Knoxville, TN:
- NO state or local income taxes!! Plus, very low property taxes. ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer - Substation Group Lead)
- Great weather! Average temperature is 78 degrees in July and 37 degrees in January. Average snowfall is only 6.4 inches.
- Cost of living Knoxville is below the national average. In September 2020 the median listing price for a home in Knoxville was $239,900. ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer - Substation Group Lead)
- Beautiful place! The Great Smokey Mountains offer an incredible array of events and activities, from water skiing to snow skiing, and everything ‘outdoors’ for you to enjoy.
Low Crime rates and a family friendly town with lots of great schools to choose from.
- Knoxville hosts a significant technical and scientific community as the base for Oak Ridge National Laboratories.
Here are some other fun facts about Knoxville ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer - Substation Group Lead):
Knoxville named as one of the "Best Mid-Size Cities for Jobs". (Forbes.com - May 2012)
Knoxville named as one of ten fastest growing U.S. cities by Manpower Group. (CNN - Apr. 2012)
Knoxville named as #2 on the list of “The Happiest Cities to Work In”. (Forbes.com - Jan. 2013)
Required Education / Experience:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred
· 6 - 10 years of power substation design experience
· Demonstrated leadership skills and desire to function in a team lead position
· Ability to identify, analyze, and solve complex technical issues
· Demonstrated ability to plan and execute tasks according to schedules
· Proven excellent verbal/written skills and good interpersonal skills in dealing with staff, management, and clients
· Proven ability to establish, promote, and assure quality deliverables performed by the electrical group
· Willingness to accept responsibility for project members and ensure all work completed is of the highest quality
· Lead the department in adhering to client and customer safety requirements