To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE- FIELD
Premier Health Services • Washington, DC
Posted 2 months ago
Job Description: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct skilled client care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive client care outcomes. Other duties are as follows:
- Provide direct care as defined under the Nurse Practice Act using established practice standards, sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Implement plan of care and treatment created by the registered nurse.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care and the nursing process. It is mandatory to turn in all documentation on a weekly basis for review.
- Conduct ongoing assessments.
- Observe client condition and accurately report to the registered nurse.
- Assess and provide client and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis. Provide educational handouts and teaching aids for the home educate as appropriate to patient and caregivers.
- Prepare, administer, and appropriately document actions taken specific to commonly prescribed oral, topical, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications. Observe, report and record adverse reactions to medications and/or treatment to the registered nurse.
- Recognize the need for and institute emergency measures in a rapid and appropriate manner, when indicated.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (i.e., PT, OT, and Speech) to the Director of Nursing or RN supervisor.
- Perform wound care, venipuncture, catheterizations, tracheotomy care, g-tube care, etc.
- Perform all skills, treatments and procedures competently in accordance to the scope of practice as defined in the Nurse Practice Act and adheres to the policies, procedures and protocols of the Agency. Consult Premier’s procedure manual as resource.
- Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
- Participate in health/therapeutic counseling, teaching and emotional support to the client and family/caregivers.
- Assist the registered nurse with client discharge or transfer.
- Identify and participate in performance improvement activities.
- Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.
- Maintains confidentially of all health conditions, informing only staff with a need to know per HIPAA requirements and Agency policy guidelines.
- Maintains a professional knowledge base by attending continuing education courses and reading professional journals to increase knowledge base. Also participates in training workshops, in-services, etc., including Agency training requirements.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Turns in all documentation on a weekly basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of nursing practices and procedures and the ability to relate applicable practices and procedures to non-nursing staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with patients and their families in an empathetic and professional manner.
- Ability to apply discipline-specific, best practices, professional and ethical standards to the treatment of patients in the context of program routines.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and online patient software.
- A Minimum of One-two years of nursing experience in an acute care setting
- Previous Home Care or Nursing Home experience preferable
- Excellent writing and charting skills
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Excellent patient assessment skills
- Valid Identification
- (Preferred-Not Required) Valid driver’s license, with one year clean driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle
Education and Experience:
- Graduated from an accredited practical or vocational school of nursing with a valid and current LPN license in the District of Columbia
- Must possess a current licensed practical nurse license in the District of Columbia. One year of experience working with individuals with special medical needs, mental retardation and/or pervasive development disorders preferred
Physical and Environmental Condition:
Patient's home environments may involve risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions e.g. lifting, turning, transferring, assisting consumers when delivering nursing services and exposure to challenging physical and mental human behavior.
Office work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for a position at Premier Healthcare Services, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Contact no: 202-723-3060; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in PHS. No agency phone calls and/or telephone or email inquiries. Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.