We are looking for a qualified Manager Inventory Planning and Control to join the Team to be responsible to plan and maintain inventory volumes and accuracy, drive speed of inventory turns across multiple facilities and uphold service levels for VMI customers.
Main Responsibilities for the Role:
- Plan and control inventory levels based on strategic approach to inventory
- Maintain acceptable service level for VMI customers through effective supply chain planning
- Conduct cost evaluation for toll processing activities including logistical movements
- Negotiate and maintain contracts and Statements of Work for toll processing and storage of material in third party warehouses
- Oversee physical and virtual reconciliation of inventories on-site and at 3rd party warehouses, consignment customer locations, and toll processors
- Initiation and implementation of software system and process improvements
- Responsibility for tasks associated with reverse logistics and reject material and coordination with sales, planning, operations, quality, logistics, IT and customer solutions teams
- Verify and approve vendor invoices and resolve discrepancies and disputes
- Create and maintain reports and provide ad-hoc analysis
- Lead problem resolution teams with Sales, Controlling, Distribution, Operations and Vendors, Customers, and Supply Chain
- Drive improvement of inventory turns and reduction of aging inventory
- Any other activities that may be required, or requested, to support the business.
Direct Reports: 0
Indirect Reports: 0
We offer you a challenging job!!!
Qualifications for an Ideal Candidate:
- 4-year college degree (Industry experience may take place of degree)
- Previous inventory reduction program responsibility
- ERP (SAP) experience required
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Minimum 3-year experience working in Supply Chain role
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Stainless steel is 100% recyclable, corrosion-resistant, durable and hygienic material. It is maintenance-free, and the environmental impacts of its use are almost non-existent. Outokumpu believes that both stainless steel and high performance alloys enable building a sustainable, long-lasting future. These advanced materials are ideal choice for various demanding applications from buildings and bridges to cutlery, food and chemical processing plants and oil platforms.
View the full profile
Outokumpu operates in over 40 countries and its state-of-the-art sites produce a wide range of stainless steel products, including hot and cold rolled, precision strip, tubular and long products as well as In addition we have large worldwide network of local service centers. Outokumpu has a unique competitive advantage through our own chrome mining and ferrochrome production in Finland.
Outokumpu employs 16 000 professionals in over 40 countries around the world. Its head office is located in Espoo, Finland, and its share has been listed in the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki since 1988.