This company is a fast- growing aerospace company that design, develops, certifies, and manufactures components for commercial and military aircraft.
The Project Engineer will serve in a technical management lead role in new product development for fuel measurement and management systems for the military and commercial aircraft, both on contract-driven design projects and internal Innovation, Research & Development (IR&D) efforts.
The Project Engineer will directly assist with the design, development, test, qualification, and production release phases of product development, and will interface with existing and future customers.
- Independently plans and supports the design and development of advanced electro-mechanical systems in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Prepares test plans, analyzes test data, and prepares reports to support project activity, and maintains up-to-date records of project test results
- Performs activities in a wide variety of cross-functional areas including design engineering, materials development, manufacturing process development, and supplier development
- Familiarity and understanding of FAA and DOD certification requirements and process, including DO178, DO-254, DO160, Mil-Std 481 and Mil-Std 810. Specific experience in certification of products under the TSO process is desired
- Familiarity with ASTM/ANSI test standards.
- Must understand fundamentals of Root Cause Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult determinations regarding the quality, safety, and compliance of products and materials
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization and write process documentation that is understandable for those with limited technical background.
- Education & Experience Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline and 5-8 years’ experience in the aerospace industry.
- Should have direct experience in certifying electro-mechanical systems to FAA and DoD requirements.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in a technical discipline or Project Management. Must be a US Person.
Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Safety Management, Supervision, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project