The Junior Hardware Engineer will be involved in product design and development activities associated with Axiomtek single board computers; especially with focus on System on Module (SoM) products and different adapter/add-on boards based on projects requirements. He/she will provide the survey/researched information, recommendations and plan out production details to achieve the customer’s goals and requirements. He/she will serve as the central resource for all aspects of the project’s engineering solution, i.e., board design, mechanical requirements, OS solutions, testing and validations, and documentation development. The product manager will continue to provide assistance throughout all stages of the product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consolidate all of the engineering specifications from RFQ of new ODM/OEM projects
- Responsible for features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, implementation review and release.
- Evaluate technical options and represents business requirements to the engineering organization through responses to the market requirement documents and detailed functional specifications.
- Provide the engineering response to the market requirements document by interlocking with all of the affected engineering teams.
- Develop the engineering schedule and prototype build plan in coordination with the engineering team.
- Work closely and guides the activities of chipset vendors/manufacturers.
- Understand the supplier’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Work directly with project/program manager, marketing, operations and quality team to bring the products to market.
- Coordinate validation of new key components for production products.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Familiarity with X86/RISC PC system architecture hardware design.
- Working knowledge of Allegro/OrCAD Capture or any schematics/layout utilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent verbal/written and presentation skills.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1990, Axiomtek is a leading design and manufacturing company in the industrial computer and embedded field. Since our inception, Axiomtek has successfully gained worldwide recognition for our innovative designs and outstanding customer satisfaction. Our customers come to us when they want a single, reliable, and valuable source for their industrial computers and embedded platforms. As a leading industrial manufacturer, Axiomtek is devoted to producing state-of-the-art solutions that support users in achieving their goals. Our comprehensive product lines include embedded board, system on module, single board computer, embedded system, industrial barebone, network appliance, touch panel computer, human machine interface, medical PC, industrial network, and digital signage. Our creative concept of integrated services for embedded computing assures trusted delivery and valuable system integration from board-level design-in to system-level design for vertical markets in automation, transportation, gaming, power utility, POS, kiosk, retail, network security, medical, digital signage, green power and much more. Axiomtek’s commitment to corporate social responsibilities is evident in our work environment as well as through our employee work ethics. We take pride and ownership in what we do through our commitment for excellence in quality and customer support.
View the full profile