Q3 Contracting, a division of Primoris Services Corporation, is a publicly owned and operated construction contracting company that provides both specific and turnkey services for its customers in the gas, oil, electric and telecommunications industry. We are headquartered in Minnesota, with branch offices in Colorado, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Maryland, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
We have an immediate opening for an Estimator in Little Canada, MN or Menomonee Falls, WI.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Attend customer pre-bid meetings.
- Analyze and prepare bids for all divisions.
- Visit job sites to enable preparation of bid.
- Responsible for assisting in and developing all possible opportunities and marketing efforts to foster growth within the division.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- Post-Secondary in Construction Management or related field is preferred. Will accept 5 years or more of practical industry experience.
- Continuing education in industry specific groups to remain current on industry standards and requirements in all divisions.
- Ability to identify opportunities and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to bid multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand the business implications of decisions and display an orientation to profitability.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Estimating software is a plus (Heavybid, Bid2Win)
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken), as position requires communication with varying levels of management and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all types of people.
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and mediation skills
- Self-motivated, self-learner, capable of working autonomously with ability to work well under pressure, respond appropriately to changing priorities and unexpected situations.
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information.
- Ability to accommodate travel schedule.
If you are a hard worker looking for a job with the opportunity to advance and grow with a company that takes
pride in its workmanship and innovative problem solving, look no further! Q3 Contracting is a stable and rapidly growing contract construction company serving the utility distribution industry.
Our company is a drug-free environment. This position requires compliance with the company and Federal Department of Transportation (FMSCA or PHMSA) drug testing policies and procedures for both pre-employment and continuing random.
Q3 Contracting provides competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
Qualified veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Complex Problem Solving