Location: Englewood, CO
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Rate: Determined by experience
· Conduct structural analysis and contribute to the design and testing of fluid systems/components involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials in different environments.
· Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables, dynamic and structural modeling.
· Perform structural testing as required.
· Tools utilized may include NASTRAN, FEMAP, NX CAE, PATRAN and a variety of software applications.
· Experience with propulsion related systems and components Internship or experience in an aerospace or aviation field
· Experience with Aerospace engineering applications
· Hardware manufacturing and testing experience
· Knowledge of machine shop practices, capabilities, accuracies and limitations
· Proficient with Microsoft Office platform tools
· Demonstrated proficiency in team leadership
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
· 5+ years of relevant job experience
· Time management skills and strong self-initiative
· Ability to operate independently, and work as part of a team
· Ability to present technical concepts and solutions
· Ability to apply design concepts to real world solutions
· Ability to assess and interpret engineering drawings, specs, and industry/government standards
· Ability to create and modify Finite Element Models and perform classical hand analysis
· Travel may be required to other locations and suppliers
Engineer In Training
Engineering Design Process