Mortgage Loan Underwriter III - Remote
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Broomfield/DTC, CO or REMOTE
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter III is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to all staff. Maintains a professional attitude and takes personal ownership of resolving problems and creating financial solutions. Responsible for creating consistency in lending decisions th rough coaching, reviewing loans, development/implementation of lending policies and procedures, and training as necessary to accomplish organizational lending goals. This position must demonstrate a strong commitment to increasing member value and achieving organizational goals through coaching co-workers, member education, service, and sales. Ensures credit process, policies, and activities fall within the parameters of Federal, State, and bank policies & standards. Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union.
Volume based monthly incentive
- Equivalent to a four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years mortgage loan underwriting experience
- Advanced knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, various investor, and portfolio loan products
- Must be willing to travel to Colorado for first week of onboarding & training
- Experience working with Encompass
Our client is a not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets. We’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce committed to innovation, excellence, collaboration, and community.
- Supports employees with various physical, mental, and financial wellbeing programs.
- Is dedicated to consistently providing amazing experiences and creating raving fans.
What’s in it for you
- A leadership team that strives to make this the best place you've ever worked!
- Ample opportunity to learn, develop and grow. We offer access to LinkedIn Learning, career and leadership development programs, job shadowing, a mentor program, and tuition reimbursement.
- A highly-competitive total rewards package with 4 weeks paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, and 11 paid holidays.
- Support in giving back to our community with 16 hours of paid volunteer time off.
- A wellness-focused environment that encourages and empowers you to invest in your work-life balance, health and wellbeing.
- A strong Employee Assistance Program, offering a variety of personal and professional resources.
- A high-performance culture where you can be proud of your contributions and what we are able to achieve as a team.
- A place where your voice can be heard and your work will have an impact.
Who we Hire
We look for self-motivated, driven, organized, professional individuals who thrive in a team-oriented, member-centric environment. To succeed in this position, you must leave your ego at the door, hold yourself accountable, and recognize the value you bring while acknowledging that this is not a one-person show. We are a member-focused and relationship based organization that strives to create solutions for a better life. If this sounds like you, then apply today!
Essential Functions Include:
- Assists co-workers with developing sound credit decisions based on policy and procedure, and offering financial solutions to the membership.
- Monitors and responds to various incoming loan queues on a continuous and timely manner.
- Decisions loan approvals/denials according to agreed upon Service Level Agreements and in compliance with standards set by regulatory agencies, investors, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate prudent judgment and decision making with risk/reward balance for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, various investor, and portfolio loan products.
- Maintain excellent production quality.
- Assists the management team in creating, supporting, and promoting Credit Union policies, objectives and programs
- Acts in a team lead capacity and as a backup to the Mortgage Underwriting Manager.
- Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Managing Work (includes Time Management), Work Standards, Decision Making, Adaptability, Energy, Building Customer Loyalty, Collaborating
Required Education and Experience:
- Equivalent to a four-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of five years mortgage loan underwriting experience required
- Advanced knowledge of lending operations and processes required for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, various investor, and portfolio loan products
- Strong analytical skills including advanced, complex income tax analysis along with asset and liability analysis
- Solid understanding of collateral requirements including non-conforming properties and non-warrantable condos
- Has established credit policy exception lending authority
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to consumer lending practices
- Basic MS Office skills
Elevations uses multi-factor authentication to keep our data safe. As such, a personal smart phone is a requirement for employment with us. This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and up to 25 lbs of force infrequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Broomfield/DTC, CO or REMOTE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Our client is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
Knowledge Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac
Portfolio Loan Products