In your role as Manager-in-Training - Large Store, at Alaska Commercial Company (ACC), you will train to become a Store Manager. You maximize sales and profitability by assisting the Store Manager with all aspects of store operations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Joining ACC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
ACC is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 150 years, we have been providing groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was truly more than 150 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then-owner The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager-in-Training - Large Store
Your Role as Manager-in-Training:
Assist the following objectives:
- Achieve budgeted sales, gross profit, and expense lines within each department and total score;
- Establish and maintain the favorable store and corporate community relations;
- Ensure all company policies are followed in all aspects of the organization and all personnel understand/comply with all state and federal rules, regulations, and laws;
- Ensure maintenance standards are met for the store and equipment to maximize operating efficiencies and preserve the security of all corporate assets; and
- Select, train, supervise, evaluate, and develop all department supervisors and key personnel to ensure their attainment of a high level of productivity.