King Construction Company, a leading bridge builder in heavy highway construction in the state of Kansas, is seeking an Accounting Manager. This position reports to the CFO. A successful candidate will possess the following attributes and will be tasked with the following responsibilities:
1. Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks
2. Effective communication skills, both oral and written
3. Ability to prioritize workload and successfully manage multiple tasks/projects at one time
4. Strong desire to grow in the job and advance in the accounting department
5. Able to work well with others in a team environment
6. Integrity in all decisions and aspects of the job
1. Accounting responsibilities include:
a. Complete all aspects of the monthly accounting close
b. Assist the CFO in the preparation of quarterly financial statements. This includes some data entry, account reconciliations, inventory accounting, subsidiary accounting and the preparation of some Excel spreadsheets.
c. Assist the CFO in the preparation of yearend financials including tax returns and other compliance reports. Also, assist with the annual audit.
2. Administrative responsibilities include:
a. Backup on accounts payable and payroll functions.
b. Assist with weekly information submittals to the State of Kansas (KDOT).
3. Project management responsibilities include:
a. Job setup and communications with subcontractors.
b. Communications with suppliers and review of project invoices.
c. Communications with KDOT/KTA/Counties regarding project submittals, compliance filings (e.g. changes orders, bid bonds, etc.) and general projects questions.
d. Communication with the Project Managers on a regular basis.
4. Miscellaneous responsibilities include:
a. Assist with the annual insurance audit.
b. Assist CFO with the annual property tax renditions.
c. Preparation of Heavy Vehicle use tax and Form 1099 annual filings.