Conduct Quality Assurance audits of production facility assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Consult with management to resolve quality, production, and efficiency problems. Function as an information source to various company departments when special and critical quality issues occur. Function in conjunction with Manager, Quality Assurance Services on special department projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly carried out and assigned work schedules are maintained.
2. Determine overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
3. Resolve major quality problems at production facility.
4. Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to product at all levels of product movement.
5. Educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices. Confirm these procedures are being maintained.
6. Consult with plant management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
7. Discuss plant evaluation with plant management, make appropriate recommendations and set timetable for improvement and corrections.
8. Function as an information source for production, and departments when critical quality issues arise.
9. Prepare plant evaluation reports and submit them to Manager, Quality Assurance Services.
10. Assist in development of special department projects and work in conjunction with Manager, Quality