To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chattanooga, TN 37421
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Class A Transportation Driver
Dayton Freight Lines Inc. • Chattanooga, TN
Posted 15 days ago
You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Class A Transportation Drivers and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Transportation Drivers are responsible for transporting, loading and unloading freight in a productive, safe and claims-free manner between our Service Centers.
Additional job duties include:
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on tractor/trailer
- Properly document all freight control processes
- Read and understand maps, road signs, shipping papers, hazardous materials markings and labeling identification
- Affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle
- Interact and converse with internal customers
- Participate in Dayton Freight’s training and improvement programs
- Be available for irregular work schedules, extended trips away from domiciled Service Center, alternating work shifts and/or assignments
- Adhere to the operational procedures and guidelines contained in the Dayton Freight Driver/Dockworker Manual.
- At least 23 years of age
- At least 1 year of commercial driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsement
- Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card
- No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operations in the past 3 years
- Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
- Full-Time pay beginning at $.570 per mile
*This Service Center is not yet open. Once your application has been reviewed, a Hiring Manager will reach out to you.