How would you benefit from a transportation leadership career with a more stable, essential manufacturer that offers great pay and room for advancement? Experience a more rewarding career where your attention to detail and expertise will certainly be recognized.
We are looking for a Transportation Supervisor to join our Jacksonville, FL team. This is a high impact role responsible for managing a dedicated group of CDL drivers and a well-maintained, private fleet for an industry leader in the recovery and recycling of fats, food oils & proteins.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay - $1250-$1400/week
Advancement opportunities – Potential for advancement to a Station Manager role with additional responsibility and increased pay
Stability – Regardless of the state of the economy, Valley Proteins continues to thrive and hire to keep up with the growing demand for their products and services.
Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards a healthcare savings account
3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill
- Schedules, distributes, monitors, and follows up all daily work assignments and ensures that the necessary resources are available to ensure that customers are serviced in compliance with Company standards and agreements.
- Performs daily tasks related to routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the service area while simultaneously maintaining compliance with both DOT rules and regulations and achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Procurement and Marketing Representatives in both maintaining/growing the Valley Proteins’ customer base and addressing/resolving in a timely manner any service related issue that may arise.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with truck shop personnel.
- Ensures that Valley Proteins’ drivers and contract carriers operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations/policies and procedures.
- Monitors on-board recording device data to ensure all fleet units are operating properly; excellent equipment use and utilization; availability of drivers Hours of Service and related follow up; and route integrity.
- Assists Transportation Manager in accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline, if necessary, in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains/monitors reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting or exceeding established Company expectations.
- Keeps management advised of all performance related issues and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Supervises employees to include; coaching and counseling, driver training, and driver scheduling and overtime.
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you have the following, we want to hear from you:
- High degree of knowledge and experience in the transportation industry
- 3+ years of experience supervising operations and drivers along with routing, dispatching, and other general applicable transportation functions
- Knowledgeable of FMCSA regulations and Hours of Service rules
- PC skills and knowledge of various computer applications (MS Office, EOBR, Route Optimization, Dispatch Management, etc.)
- Class A CDL is preferred, not required
- Experience with Roadnet, Omnitrack, Lytx, and McCloud would be extremely beneficial