Reynolds Advanced Materials, a division of Smooth-On Inc., is a leading distributor of mold making and casting materials. We sell our materials to a variety of applications including film production and special effects, prototyping and product design, sculpture and art, concrete casting, composites, architectural, medical and prosthetic, theme park and tradeshow props, hobbies, and many more. We have branches located in Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Detroit, Allentown, Seattle and Phoenix.
We are seeking the right person to join our team as Branch Manager for our Chicago, IL location. We have 13,000 square feet of warehouse and storefront. From there, we offer our extensive line of liquid rubbers, liquid plastics, epoxies, castable foams, plasters and other materials. Our customers range from small scale model makers, prototypers and inventors to industrial accounts like bronze foundries, concrete casters and more.
You must be a strong communicator and inspiring leader, highly organized and understand the importance of a team effort. You must have the ability to "think outside the box" to address issues, and solve problems in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Branch Manager must first and foremost be knowledgeable of and proficient in the use of all materials sold by the company.
- Manage branch operations including warehouse and storefront.
- Maintain an optimal work environment by directing personnel and managing resources.
- Closely monitor key performance indicators including sales revenue, inventory levels, collections and aged receivables
- Communicate all issues that affect sales, branch operations and personnel in a timely manner with the Operations Manager and senior management.
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors. Audit and approve vendor invoices for payment.
- Data mine and research new sales leads utilizing various resources and provide input to Outside Sales Representative.
- Interview and hire personnel as needed.
- Manage employee attendance for payroll.
- Cross-train all personnel on all functions through personal training, written procedures and coaching when appropriate. Ability to perform the duties of the Inside Sales Clerk or the Shipping/Receiving Clerk on a temporary basis in the event that one of these individuals is on vacation or sick.
- Occasional travel for management meetings and participation in trade shows and seminars is required.
TRAINING: We will provide product and technical training to keep you motivated and successful. We will train you on thorough use of our custom software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize workflow; work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be analytical and have basic accounting skills.
- Ability to manage others.
- Must be able to multi-task.
BA degree and/or 5-7 years' experience in a management/retail management position.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work, able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally, and 10 to 20 pounds frequently.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairwells within a 60-second time frame, a minimum of 10 times a shift.
- Ability to be trained to operate a forklift.
- Ability to handle stress.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Part of working with the materials we sell includes demonstrating them, so you must enjoy working with your hands. Offering technical advice is a part of the job (we will provide training), so patience and a good phone manner is required. You must be self-starting, well organized, hard-working, high energy, curious, willing to learn and enjoy working with our materials. Bi-lingual helpful.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid PTO.
IMPORTANT: We operate a drug-free and smoke-free environment. Employment is contingent on passing a background check and drug screening test. Employment is also contingent on completion of mold making and casting training during first two weeks of employment at company headquarters in Macungie, PA.
A clean driving record is essential. After touring our website www.reynoldsam.com, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why we should consider you for this job.