Our client is a facilities management company founded to serve religious communities and institutions. They fully understand and anticipate the unique needs of their clients and consistently deliver outstanding results in all areas of facilities management.
Building Maintenance Technician
As the Maintenance Technician, our client will rely on you to keep all buildings in clean and orderly condition. You will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish. Your duties may also include tending furnace and boiler, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk.
This position is located in New Rochelle NY.
· Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them.
· Empty trash cans, recycle, service, clean and supply restrooms.
· Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
· Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers and clear debris from grounds.
· Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas using snowplows, snow blowers and snow shovels and spread snow melting chemicals.
· Set up, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
· Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
· Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
· Steam-clean or shampoo carpets and strip, seal, finish and polish floors.
· Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
· Clean chimneys, flues and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
· Clean kitchen equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags and power cleaning equipment.
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician.
- Knowledge of routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Ability to repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Ability to operate vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.