Job Title: Java Full-stack Developer – Full-time/Permanent
Location: NYC, NY
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you will be responsible for hands-on development experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, UI Frameworks and Technologies across all phases of the software development lifecycle and assisting Project Managers and Business Analysts in product delivery. The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skills and expertise of those around them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Experience with full-cycle application development (Full SDLC experience: architecture, design, development, delivery, etc.)
• Current experience in web application development.
• Hands-on experience with the Angular and AngularJS. This is a must and critical to the candidate's success.
• Experience with Typescript and practice in a strongly typed eco-system is preferred.
• Knowledge in unit test frameworks and experience in writing good unit tests.
• Experience in creating end-to-end tests is a plus.
• Experience in responsive programming patterns.
• Experience in writing semantic and well-structured HTML. Awareness of accessibility standards is a plus.
• Experience with CSS, Media queries, and awareness of cross-browser compatibilities.
• Understanding of CI and experience with build tools is a plus.
• Good experience in dealing with Restful APIs and optimally use common data structures and patterns to be able to convert them to Entities and data models for the UI.
• 8+ years of experience building responsive websites
• Attention to detail, with the ability to reproduce a visual design exactly using modern CSS and HTML
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to take ownership of work streams, operate without close supervision, and work across the organization.
• Skills Desired
• Building or contributing to UI libraries or design systems
• Experience with Angular, Typescript, and SCSS
• Strong grasp of user experience
• Experience with agile methodologies