Advance your career with Mindlance! We have been connecting talented IT professionals with world-class companies since 1999. Mindlance is here to help you to find the perfect fit with just the right company. Currently, we are seeking a Sr. Payroll Specialist for an exciting career growth opportunity.
Make your next big career move with the kind of position that will allow you to be genuinely passionate about the work you do! Our recruiters will work closely with you to help you get the edge over the competition. Let Mindlance advocate for you – apply today!
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key responsibility for larger more complex US and Canadian company payrolls.
• Perform daily payroll department operations.
• Partner with the Payroll Tax Analyst to complete tax analyses and reconciliations, appropriate system set-up, and responding to internal and external tax inquiries.
• Provide payroll tax process suggestions/recommendations based on previous experience and best practices.
• Maintain intermediate knowledge of payroll and HR-related rules/laws and pending legislation.
• Provide support to payroll specialists regarding tax questions and calculations and other general payroll processing questions.
• Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
• Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
• Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
• Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
• Resolve Time and Attendance missed punches, and out of balances.
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c, etc).
• Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed.
• Process manual check and relocation metrics.
• Upload import files received from HR, Compensation and external vendors, research problems (All Companies).
• Respond to ServiceNow employee tickets.
• Support testing and validation of release enhancements affecting UltiPro Payroll and the Kronos Timekeeping System.
• Provides guidance and training to lower level staff members as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• • FPC or CPP designation (or working towards certification) is preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in Payroll Processing/administration/accounting.
• 3+ years’ experience supporting payroll/HR related systems.
• 3 years’ experience in Payroll Tax
• This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly and concisely document detailed information and analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. The ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and to handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is also required.
• Strong System knowledge of Ultipro is preferred.
• Canadian payroll processing experience is a plus.
• Intermediate Excel/Outlook Proficiency.
• Strong Initiative, Decision Making, Problem Solving, and Analytical skills.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage time.
• Team player who is willing to step in and assist others if needed.
• Strong sense of urgency/Ability to meet deadlines.
• Intermediate knowledge of payroll legislation i.e. FLSA OT calcs, State OT, & Sick Pay rules.
• Expert knowledge of Payroll Best Practices.
• Expert knowledge of State Taxes and Reciprocity, local taxes, and Federal Tax Rates.
Complex Problem Solving
Attention To Detail