Our busy commercial landscaping company is looking to add a full-time purchasing agent / buyer to our team.
2 years purchasing experience in a landscaping construction or garden nursery related industry.
· Strong horticultural and plant identification knowledge.
· Technical knowledge of landscape materials (erosion control blanket, mulch, etc)
· Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast paced environment.
· Experience with QuickBooks, Excel, Word, etc.
· Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
· Salary based off individual qualifications / experience.
· Responsible to work directly with project managers, estimators, crew leaders and accounting staff.
· Obtain quotes, analyze pricing, place orders and schedule material pickups and drop offs from multiple vendors.
· Willingness to learn new systems, processes, and keep busy without supervision.
· Responsible for the purchasing of job materials and supplies after researching vendor pricing, delivery dates, etc.
· Prepare analysis of prices and negotiate pricing as required.
· Type and send purchase orders.
· Communicate with suppliers on delivery dates.
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Should have a good industry network and solid relationships with qualified suppliers.
· Control and eliminate wasteful spending and excess buying of materials.
· Manage and maintain quality inventories and continually look for best practices for such storage.
· Check accuracy of orders and deliveries and match all paperwork before turning in to accounting.
· Evaluate and select plants that meet the company quality standards.
· Keep budget in mind and protect company resources by making educated decisions.
· Enhance and build organization’s reputation by representing, and conducting one’s self in a professional manner at all times.