To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1687 Center Point Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35215
- Onin Staffing
- Phone: 205-815-0776
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Onin Staffing • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
The Collection Specialist reports to the Credit and Accounts Receivable Manager. Primary responsibility is to coordinate and manage the accounts receivable collections process within a specific region. Position will also be responsible for direct-ship customer collections including vacant routes and will have the latitude for decision making within corporate credit parameters.
The following areas comprise the main functional responsibilities of the role:
Collection of business accounts to achieve desired corporate/regional standards.
· Achieve assigned DSO, delinquency/loss goals and metrics
· Coordinate collection efforts with field personnel
· Debtor-direct collections
· Coordinate product return with Field Managers/route personnel
· Extensive phone contact in collecting on active delinquent accounts
· Report and consult with management on major issues
· Answer field and customer questions
· Resolve credit/payment problems
· Develop strong business relationships with sales management and the route sales force
· Educate field sales personnel on policies and procedures specific to collections, including the hold process
· Assist with delinquency/loss reporting and tracking
· Electronic communication including invoicing and collection correspondence
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education/experience or;
· High School Diploma and/or equivalent and 3-5 years of directly related experience
Business understanding and demonstrated skills and knowledge in:
· Credit and collections
· Financial analysis
· Credit laws and regulations
· Communications – verbal and written
· Computer applications
The following individual skills and characteristics are particularly important:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of Royal Cup’s credit and collections operations, services and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication, maintaining a courteous and tactful demeanor in all instances.
- Demonstrate ability to calmly de-escalate hostile situations to the best possible resolution.
- Basic abilities with Microsoft Office Software, specifically with Word and Excel.
- Prior experience with SAP is highly preferable.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position which are required to successfully perform each essential responsibility. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core responsibilities. These physical demands may include, among other functions:
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, climbing, grasping, typing, reading, talking and hearing.
- Ability to work with and support others in a positive way.
- Ability to successfully complete the pre-employment process.