Job Description: Customer Support Agent
Our client is currently seeking an energetic and motivated Customer Support Agent to join their dynamic team working in their office in Sterling, VA. Our client is the leading supplier of unique and innovative recycling and trash compaction technology in more than 30 countries and 60 locations worldwide. They provide customers with tailored environmentally friendly waste management solutions that reduce costs, make their operation leaner and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Job Responsibilities: Customer Support Agent
- Professionally answering incoming service calls.
- Dispatch service technicians according to the schedule.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer's experience.
- Very heavy phone/email interaction with customers.
- Provides prompt, efficient and detailed customer experience by addressing inquiries using a variety of channels (telephone, email, etc.) in a support-center environment adhering to scheduled shifts, procedures, and company policies.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Good Computer/Typing and Grammar/Data Entry skills.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues using resources to effectively solve problems for customers prior to technician scheduling.
- Follow up and make scheduled callbacks to customers where necessary.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within a team of peers. Models a positive, constructive attitude in the workplace.
- Effectively adjusts when priorities and resources change, managing time and resources to ensure the best possible outcome for the customer, employee, and organization.
- Requires the ability to adhere to a structured work schedule and efficiently self-manage work time.
- Must be able to learn and apply technical knowledge, work within defined policy and procedures, and use standardized tools and technology to perform job functions.
- Requires strong verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
Basic Qualifications: Customer Support Agent
- High School Diploma required; College preferred but not required.
- 1-3 year’s experience in Customer Support and Service industry with a passion for customer advocacy or proven success in a fast-paced support environment.
- Technical background for troubleshooting.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills - which includes the ability to work well with customers and colleagues of various backgrounds and cultures and great phone etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Multitasking capabilities.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Meet all attendance and dependability requirements.
- Be focused, a self-starter and able to effectively prioritize work projects and manage time under rigid deadlines.
- Ability to show empathy when responding to customer's needs.
- Demonstrate the passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually.
- Exceptionally strong customer service handling, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills; focus on quality in customer experience.
- Superior attention to detail is mandatory.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to follow up.
- Understand & desire to consistently provide the highest level of customer service with tact & sensitivity.
Schedule Requirements: Customer Support Agent
- This position is full-time, approximately 40 hrs/week.
- Periodic overtime or weekend work may be required.
- Regular, timely, and predictable adherence to an assigned work schedule is an essential function of the job.
PrideStaff Company Overview
PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. Whether you prefer the freedom and variety of temporary work or the challenge of a full-time position, PrideStaff can help you find the job that best matches your skills and interests.
With offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with more than 3,000 employers.
As a PrideStaff Field Associate, you'll enjoy our generous pay and benefits package, and just as importantly, you will be treated fairly, with dignity, courtesy, and respect. Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you!
Complex Problem Solving