Edscha manufactures body components, powered systems, and driver controls for automakers and motor vehicle manufacturers in North America and internationally. Its body components include hinge systems, door hinges, door hinges with integrated door checks, lid and flap hinges, door checks, and sliding door systems; powered systems include rear lids and lift gates; and driver controls include handbrakes, foot-operated parking brakes, and foot controls. The company was founded in 1870 and is based in Remscheid, Germany. It has locations in Remscheid, Germany; San Luis Potosi, Mexico; and Auburn Hills, MI.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
The Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations department activities, including manpower allocation and scheduling of production. He or she will assist management in ensuring all targets related to Safety, Quality and Productivity are met or exceeded.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associate’s degree in a technical or business discipline, bachelor’s degree preferred, or 5+ years’ supervisory experience in an automotive assembly or injection molding environment;
· 2 - 5 years’ experience in high volume automotive manufacturing environment;
· Strong experience with measurable in regards to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of manufacturing supervisory principles, including LEAN, productivity, Quality
· Able to supervise and direct 50+ employees
· Familiarization with MRP and scheduling concepts, preferably SAP;
· Exceptional computer skills, particular with Excel and Production and Inventory Control Systems.
· Willingness to work a second or third shift assignment, with overtime as needed.