To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carlsbad, CA
- Prem Ganatra
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Cost Accountant
Integrated Resources, Inc • Carlsbad, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Title: Sr. Cost Accountant
Duration: 6 Months (High Chances of Extension/s)
Location : Carlsbad, CA
The Cost Accountant position will be part of the cost accounting function within the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) of Client. The objective of the LSG Cost Accounting function is to ensure proper accounting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold, setting the standard cost value of our products on the actual total cost of manufacturing and to partner with Manufacturing and Finance teams to analyze and realize productivity savings.
- Execute the periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) financial close process pertaining to inventory and cost of goods sold
- Calculate the excess and obsolete reserves in line with corporate policy
- Maintain standard cost of goods and support the global annual cost roll process for the assigned manufacturing or distribution site, including impact to the standard margin and inventory revaluation
- Create strong collaboration with Finance and Operations business partners to identify and realize productivity savings opportunities
- Analyse manufacturing variances and drive corrective actions in collaboration with operations finance business partners
- Interface with company employees in related functions and demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Drive process improvements in cost accounting processes and data flows
- Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions and ensure US GAAP principles and rules are properly adhered to.
- Execute key inventory and cost of goods sold process controls and ensure documentation of those controls meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent education and experience
- You have 5 to 10 years of progressive (cost) accounting or operational finance experience
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have strong experience working in ERP systems. Prior experience with Enterprise One (E1) and/or SAP is desired