- Master’s Degree (Required)
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree;
- ASCP - MLS or MT Registration
Experience and Skills (Required)
- Ten years of laboratory experience, with at least five years progressive management experience.
- Strong Verbal and written Communications Skills,
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Proven Computer Skills (Microsoft Office) and working knowledge of Lab Information Systems (Cerner and Epic preferred),
- Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong Customer Service Skills, Proven Analytical Skills
- Experience in lab administration within a healthcare system is a plus.
Collaborates and provides leadership to maximize timely and appropriate patient placement to achieve organizational objectives regarding patient flow and throughput. Directs and coordinates the departments according to established guidelines and in compliance with all regulatory bodies including JCAHO, CAP, AABB, FDA, and all pertinent state and local agencies. Coordinates the technological purchases/decisions needed to maintain the department and provide high quality service. Maintain and actively participate in external professional organizations in order to provide highest quality standards and meet or exceed national benchmarks. Uses fact based knowledge, technical skills and understanding to gain perspective and insight into market trends, recommend and implement strategy.
Demonstrates the value of diversity through interviewing, hiring and retention activities. Selects the right people with the right skills for the right jobs with a demonstrated impact on retention and an appropriate sense of urgency meeting organizational and department turnover goals. Creates strategies and action to sustain an environment that promotes change and consistently recognizes employee contribution and superior performance as evidenced in employee satisfaction scores and performance appraisal ratings.
UM Charles Regional is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.