University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center is seeking a Registered Nurses.
Utilizes the nursing process in providing patient care and patient/family teaching. Organizes and implements safe, therapeutic, and efficient patient care in controlled settings with predictable outcomes. Performs patient assessments. Plans nursing care. Educates patients. Provides age specific care. Patients served may include neonate through adult-geriatric.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland or compact state is required. Applications with pending licensure will not be accepted. Please include your license number and expiration date in the Licenses section or Resume section of the application.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
- Bedside nursing experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
Licensure & Certification:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Maryland or compact state. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required for all units. ACLS required for ICU, ED, and Telemetry. PALS required for ED and Med/Surg units.
- Certification in specialty is preferred.
Will work in a clean, well-lighted environment. The job requires pushing and pulling and lifting of equipment weighing in excess of 35 pounds up to 40% of the time. Requires lifting and positioning of patients, weighing up to 300 pounds, with the assistance of other staff members, up to 60% of the time. The position requires walking and standing 60% of the time, and requires caring supplies and other items.
UM Charles Regional is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Basic Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified
Intensive Care Unit
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)